Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome to Sugar Plums: An adventure in Cake!

I've been doing cakes in my spare time for the last 4 or 5 years.  Like many other home bakers, I started out decorating cakes for family and friends.  Somehow it has really grown, and I'm doing one or more cakes every weekend.  I spend a lot of time researching the cakes that I create.  I get a lot of my ideas from website and other cake decorators from all over the world.  For complicated cakes, I always try to find a tutorial or contact someone who has created a similiar cake for help.  A lot of times, you can't find a tutorial with progressive pictures.  So, as I began my current cake project, I decided that I should start taking pictures throughout my decorating process.  It might just help out another cake decorator! So, with that, I will start with the cake of the weekend...Tow Mater for a little boy named Gavin who will be 3 this weekend!  Enjoy and feel free to ask questions or leave comments.  If you'd like to see more of my work, please visit: www.freewebs.com/anitamcmanus

Anita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment